Monday, September 30, 2013

October 123 Challenge - I heart your Expressions xxx



Today I am here to share the October 123 Challenge with you. I really enjoyed creating my team sample for this one! Yellow is a colour I am really liking at the moment!

Here is the criteria for this month....

* COLOUR = Yellow
* WORD = Heart
* TECHNIQUE = Mixed Alpha Title or Journaling

Here is my sample:

Layout title: I heart your expressions.



Products Used:
Paper: White cardstock, AC Dear Lizzy paper, plain vellum
Alphabet: Silhouette America cut files
Embellishments: My Minds Eye enamel dots, A Piece of Cake Designs Cherry Flair button, Flutterby Designs tab, Freckled Fawn arrow clip and Puffy sticker, Elle's Studio die cuts, Heidi Swapp mistable banners, American Crafts glitter tape, D-lish Scraps washi, resin, bow, flowers, mini sequins, mini peg, yellow tickets, doily, paperclip.
Other: Typewriter, Silhouette Cameo, sewing machine and white thread, Heidi Swapp mask, yellow Faber Castell Gelato.



I created my title in the Silhouette Cameo Designer edition - I adapted a Dear Lizzy Bow Banner file to make it.  I also created a mini mason jar sequin pocket by using the vellum, a mason jar cut from the gorgeous Dear Lizzy paper and a mini jar of sequins available from D-lish Scraps


Here is a couple of close up pics taken during the creating of the jar: (I made 2 but only ended up using on of them) - 

The finished jars.



I was inspired by the gorgeous layered scalloped banners which can be found in some of the more recent Crate Paper Ephemera packs. So I decided to create my own with the Dear Lizzy Papers.


I'm loving all the gorgeous embellishments in the D-lish store including the cute new Freckled Fawn puffy woodgrain heart sticker - and a page wouldn't be complete without an APOCD Cherry Flair! This one is from the Blooming Lovely pack available in my store here....


I created this Heart paperclip from a tutorial I pinned on Pinterest, cute hey! I also covered a mini peg with a smidgen of American Crafts glitter tape to bling it up :)


Most of my pages lately have some form of tag with hidden journaling, I made these ones using plain vellum and some reinforcement stickers


Lots of layers and dimension, created using foam tape :)



As you can tell from my big post, I LOVED this months challenge! Why not support 123 and give this challenge a go. We had 35 amazing entries for September, would be awesome to get even more this month!

I will be back soon to share the latest Jot Magazine Mood Board and more :)

Before I forget, if you have bored kiddies home for the holidays who love to craft why not head on over to the Jot Magazine blog and check out 'Jot Kids'! 



4 comments:

  1. Oh my this is so gorgeous! What a cute photo and love all the layers, and your jars are so sweet too.. love this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! I'm so lucky to get to see it in person - each of your layouts takes my breath away! Please keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as always Raq :) love the layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some wonderful work, I'm over here from today, as I do in instagram! congratulations for this work so beautiful. kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete